Monday, November 29, 2010

Taking My Own Advice

I recently did a writeup on a comic creator over a Techdirt, a creator who seemed very angry with people who were distributing her comics for free online. One of the things I suggested was to release small bits of her content regularly and ongoingly...and then I realized that my hypocritical ass wasn't doing that myself!

Now, I have the disadvantage of currently needing to work two jobs in addition to my writing (because, hey, who wants a social life?), but screw the excuses, I should practice what I preach to the best of my ability.

So, question: which universe I've created would any/all of you like to see me release regular content, either in the form of a serialized story or short stories?

1. The "Echelon" universe
2. The "Midwasteland" universe
3. Something original, damn it!

If you guys actually want something with one of these, I shall commit to releasing stuff for you regularly. Who knows, maybe it'll build into something I can put together in a book! And, continuing an earlier idea I expressed, I'd welcome "fan involvement" in the stories as well!

2 comments:

Senacharim said...

A universe grows of its own accord--rarely according to the plan of its originator.

Marvin the depressed robot, for example, was originally supposed to be a one scene joke.

Just thought I'd throw in my two bits on "the best laid plans of mice and men" and all that.

:Lobo Santo

Tim Geigner said...

Ugh, I don't know why this didn't get forwarded to my email. In any case, organic growth of a story universe is preferential anyway. That's actually one of the chief reasons it would be so cool to get readers involved in writing the stories. I'm sure they see possibilities for the characters that I'm missing....